To book this property, please go to Airbnb.
The address is 55/5 Bath Street, Edinburgh EH15 1HE. (55/5 means 55 Bath Street, Flat 5.) The flat is in the prominent white building at the bottom of Bath Street beside the beach. The GPS coordinates are 55.954726, -3.110578 .
Normally we try and meet guests on their arrival, but this is not always possible, in which case you can get the keys from the keybox. If you are being met, please let us know beforehand when you will be arriving with flight number if appropriate.
Check-in is from 3pm, but if you arrive earlier it may be possible to drop bags off. Also early check-in may be possible depending on the cleaning schedule. Please contact the hosts in advance to make arrangements.
If you need to leave bags in the city, Waverley Station has a left luggage facility.
The keybox is located beside the mailboxes, opposite the glass door in the courtyard – it is the top keybox of three. If you are taking keys from the keybox:
- Enter the code (as supplied to you by email).
- Remove the key.
- Shut the box and spin the numbers to lock it.
- Use one key to open the courtyard door and the other key to open the front door of the apartment (on the first floor).
- You should use the keys inside the apartment (on the lounge table) and replace the keys in the keybox.
Guests should check out by 10 am, but later check-out may be possible by prior arrangement – please let us know as early as possible if you want a late check-out. When you leave please lock the door and drop the keys into the mailbox for Flat 5.
From the Airport
Thre are various transport options from the airport:
- From the airport the easy and fast option is a taxi – cost is about £30.
- Take the airport bus (100) to Princes Street (£4.50 single or £7.50 return, about 30 minutes) and then the 26 or X26 or bus to Portobello High Street (£1.70 single). You need to have the exact change for local buses, but the airport bus does give change.
- Take the tram from the airport to the terminus at York Place (£6 single, £8.50 return and then the 26 bus to Portobello High Street (see above).
From Waverley Railway Station
Again the easy and fast option is a taxi. You can also take the 26, X26 or X15 bus from Princes Street and then proceed as above.
The apartment has an allocated car space in the courtyard. Please make sure you only use the single car space marked “Flat 5”. If you park elsewhere in the courtyard you will make yourself unpopular with the neighbours and you risk being boxed in.
Unless agreed, please do not use the space before check-in time on the first day or check-out time on the final day.
Contacts and Further Information
Leaflets on Portobello, Edinburgh and Scotland are in a drawer under the TV. Instruction manuals for appliances are in a drawer in the kitchen.
If you have any problems or queries, please contact: